Take a look at our Educational Apps to Explore! libguide to see how parents can use technology at home to enhance the education of their children while overcoming learning loss.
The articles listed in the bibliography below are available by visiting the SERC Library and utilizing our print journals and online databases. If you are a member of the SERC Library, you can obtain full-text articles when you use your membership number to log on to our online catalog. Use the SAGE or EBSCO Discovery Service function on the Online Resources page on our catalog to access journal articles. If you have questions, please contact the SERC Library staff at email@example.com.
- Kaffenberger, Michelle. “Modelling the Long-Run Learning Impact of the Covid-19 Learning Shock: Actions to (More than) Mitigate Loss.” International Journal of Educational Development, vol. 81, Mar. 2021. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1016/j.ijedudev.2020.102326.
- Kuhfeld, Megan. “Surprising New Evidence on Summer Learning Loss.” Phi Delta Kappan, vol. 101, no. 1, Sept. 2019, pp. 25–29. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1177/0031721719871560.
- Allensworth, Elaine, et al. “School Practices to Address Student Learning Loss. Brief No. 1.” EdResearch for Recovery Project, EdResearch for Recovery Project, 1 June 2020. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=eric&AN=ED607662&site=eds-live&scope=site.
- KRAFT MATTHEW A., and MONTI-NUSSBAUM MANUEL. “Can Schools Enable Parents to Prevent Summer Learning Loss? A Text-Messaging Field Experiment to Promote Literacy Skills.” The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, vol. 674, Nov. 2017, pp. 85–112. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edsjsr&AN=edsjsr.26582264&site=eds-live&scope=site.
- Zhao, Yong. “Build Back Better: Avoid the Learning Loss Trap.” Prospects, Mar. 2021, pp. 1–5. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1007/s11125-021-09544-y.
- Hobbs, L.Jon, et al. “Impact of the UPSTART Program on Forestalling Summer Learning Loss.” Grantee Submission, Grantee Submission, 1 July 2019. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=eric&AN=ED605302&site=eds-live&scope=site.
- Sawchuk, Stephen, and Sarah D. Sparks. “What Research Says About COVID-19 and Math Learning Loss.” Education Week, vol. 40, no. 15, Dec. 2020, pp. 3–5. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=f5h&AN=147334063&site=eds-live&scope=site.
- Marino, Tracey L. “Book Distribution: Addressing the Summer Learning Loss in Reading of Economically Disadvantaged Elementary Students.” ProQuest LLC, ProQuest LLC, 1 Jan. 2016. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=eric&AN=ED571150&site=eds-live&scope=site.
- Zalaznick, Matt. “Tutoring to the Rescue? Tutoring Programs Embedded in Schools Are Gaining Momentum as a Highly Effective and Equitable Model for Helping Children Recover from COVID-Era Learning Loss.” District Administration, vol. 59, no. 3, Apr. 2021, pp. 6–8. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=aph&AN=149484030&site=eds-live&scope=site.
- PITCOCK, SARAH. “The Case for Summer Learning: Why Supporting Students and Families All Year Is Vitally Important.” American Educator, vol. 42, no. 1, Spring 2018, pp. 4–39. EBSCOhost, search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ehh&AN=128599199&site=eds-live&scope=site.