Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current Access to SERC Library (Updated 1/23/2023)
The SERC Library is moving forward with its move to Waterbury, CT. In order to continue providing service while preparing for this move, the library staff request that all library users follow the below procedures when picking up or returning SERC Library materials. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the SERC Library (firstname.lastname@example.org; 860-632-1485).
Instructions for Picking Up and Returning SERC Library Materials:
- Library users are not currently allowed into the Library space to browse the SERC Library shelves. Items need to be reserved ahead of time by logging into your library account and placing a “Hold” on desired material. Users may also call or email to reserve material.
- SERC Library staff will release reserved material only to users whose identification or SERC Library card matches the name on their account.
- When reserved items are available for pickup, you will receive an automated email from the SERC Library. Reserved materials will be held for 7 days. If materials are not picked up during this time, they will be loaned to the next user with a hold or returned to the shelf.
- To pick up materials, users should schedule a 20-minute time slot via our online calendar. If none of the appointments work for you, contact library staff to schedule another time outside of the calendar’s availability, as staff’s work hours allow. A SERC Librarian will meet you in our building’s lobby at the time of your appointment.
- Returns do not require an appointment. But materials need to be handed directly to a SERC Librarian. Materials cannot be left unattended as library staff cannot guarantee their receipt. See library open hours and planned closures here. All closures, including unplanned closures due to inclement weather or other issues, will be posted to the library website. Users should call the library upon arrival and a SERC Librarian will meet you in the lobby to accept your return.
- If you need to update your account or would like to apply for a library account, fill out the online registration form and a SERC Librarian will follow up with you with next steps, including signing the current Library Policies and Procedures document before checking out any material to you.
The SERC Library has a desk located in the front lobby of our building at 100 Roscommon Drive, Middletown, CT. A SERC Librarian will be at this location for scheduled appointments and when users call during library hours for unscheduled returns.
Thank you for your cooperation while we plan to move to our new location in Waterbury, CT.
The SERC Library Team